Friday, August 22, 2014

The TK Double Beef Burger

I phoned Fork & Brewer to get a table for lunch; they’re fully booked. Plan B: I called Ti Kouka, and yes, they could seat us for lunch – they were on my list for next week, so I just moved them up. Ti Kouka were the winners last year, so again, I had high expectations. This year’s offering is the TK Double Beef Burger which consists of minced meat in a bun: a proper "burger" burger.


This towering inferno proved too tall to squash down and eat with the hands. Other than that, it was pretty well a perfect burger. There were so many heroes on this plate that I thought I was watching an episode of Marvel’s Agents Of SHIELD. The burgers themselves – good quality, tasty beef, nice thick patties; the beetroot and beetroot relish; a tangy, salty dill pickle; an aioli that didn’t stint on the garlic (you’ll probably smell me from half a mile away this afternoon); a good cheesy kick from the Kingsmeade havarti; and spicy, crispy shoestring fries.


Garage Project Garagista was the beer match, which rounded off the meal nicely. I was going to score this a 9/10 – knocking off a point for not being hand-holdable; but that seems harsh, given all the good things that were going on with this burger. I think I’ll have to give it the full 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment