Sunday, August 24, 2014

Blackbull Spicy Slammer

Café Polo, or “our other local restaurant”, were fully booked last time we tried to get in there. This may have been due to Wellington On A Plate having only just started. Anyway, this weekend, I managed to secure a table despite ringing them up at half past eleven, for lunch. Café Polo are past winners of Burger Wellington in 2011, so I was expecting good things.



And I got them! By golly, this was a good burger: a nice thick patty with chillis, gherkin, American mustard and cheddar cheese. Another “can you eat it with your hands?” fail, but frankly I’m becoming quite blasé about that. The Cajun-spiced chips were also good, and it was all washed down with Garage Project Pils 'n' Thrills. 

If I'd had this burger before I'd had the one from Ti Kouka, I'd probably have given it 10/10. But I can't now, because, although it's good, it's not quite as good. It didn't have that final little extra something to make it a perfect burger, so I'm awarding 9/10 for this little beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment