Saturday, August 17, 2013

Polo Café

We had the day off on Friday, so took the opportunity to try one of the burgers from one of our local restaurants, the Polo Café. Their burger is called Oops! This Might Be A Boom Burger, and consisted of a spiced lamb patty with Zany Zeus paneer, served with Bombay potatoes. The waitress warned us about the spiciness of the burger lest it take us by surprise…this is, after all, the land that invented the concept of “kiwi hot”. I found that the spiciness level was about right – this was a good, well-made curry burger.




Once again, I was ripping into the burger before it occurred to me to take a picture, so you’ll just have to take my word for it. The bun was a floured bap, which held together well – no burger collapse here. Polo Café is a well-respected local establishment, and in fact this is the best burger I’ve had so far, and had no qualms about awarding it a 9. I still haven’t found the perfect burger this year, and I’m not sure if anything will match the T Rex burger from last year – but I have more to try next week, so we shall see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment